Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Accelerated Reader Upgrade

Thanks to the research and rich conversation from our school improvement council (SIC) and the collaboration with our parent teacher organization (PTO), we have been able to upgrade our Accelerated Reader (AR) program.  The upgrade has given our students access to 150,000 AR tests.  It also gives teachers and parents better reports and monitoring capabilities.  I am very proud of our parent representatives for their persistence and efforts to make this happen. THANKS!

Accelerated reader is a tool that allows us to manage and monitor independent student reading.  Just like anything else in education AR requires a teacher, student, and parent/guardian commitment.  Our goal is to get students reading regularly on their reading level and increasing their love for reading through monitoring, conferencing, and recognition/incentives.

I am a proponent of independent reading management programs (AR or Reading Counts) because in the right hands they motivate students to read and they provide teachers, students, and parents helpful reports that can be monitored.  As a classroom teacher, I utilized AR to motivate my students as well as myself to be the top reading class in my school.  I believe that this was one of the reasons for my success and recognition as a successful classroom teacher.

You can access the AR by going to the following links:

Student or Teacher Log-In  

AR Book Finder
Post a Comment